Re: Sinatra

<< Is it just me, or do others also find Sinatra's intonation problems
annoying? >>

Oh, don?t get me started. I?ve tried for many years to ignore poor
intonation. Really hard. It seems to me that people in general aren?t
bothered by this sagging of pitch in the ?greatest? of popular singers. The
problem seems to prevail all over. My ?favorite? is the Mamas and the Papas
with that ?Sunday Monday? when the chorus chimes in a 1/4 tone flat. I would
gather they did the takes separately but my body just goes into spasms. BUT,
I _AM_ getting more tolerant - I think. I especially get a humbling feeling
when I think I?ve done a great performance of something and get the tape back
- a bit out of tune.
The big picture...the big picture...the big picture...
ag