Toronto Music

Seth--

There's a nice klezmer brunch every Sunday at the Free Times Cafe in Toronto

http://thefreetimescafe.netfirms.com/

Also should check out to see what's doing at the Harbourfront Place complex--
often are great free world music festivals.  For tsimbl enthusiasts, right there
on the waterfront by Harbourfront every weekend usually plays Vladimir Gorotkin,
an unbelievable Belarussian tsimbl player.  Just a few yards down is usually a
Chinese Yang Chin hammered dulcimer player.

Two of my favorite stores are Negev (carry all sorts of hard to get Yiddish
music) on Bathurst and Sam's on Yonge (which carries all sorts of hard to get
music generally).  There's a Romanian music supplier on Don Mills or Don Valley,
but I think they may be mail order only.

A bit farther off the subject, ther's an Indian musical instrument supplier I
think on David (I have the info somewhere if you're interested).

And of course, Buffalo's only 90 minutes south & my door's open!

Have fun,
Pete Rushefsky

>>> Seth Austen 07/18 10:06 PM >>>
So, with all this talk about NY and Boston drivers, I'm heading to Toronto
for my first trip next week, what am I in for there? Personally, in both
Boston and DC, it's not so much the drivers but the traffic circles that I
find terrifying, and in NY City it's just the potholes that could swallow
your car whole that are somewhat daunting.

Besides driving, does anyone have any recommendations of Jewish music events
or places of interest that I should check out during my week in Toronto?

Thanks,

Seth

--
Seth Austen