Re: more on Nigun Atik

If my memory serves me correctly, we were doing Nigun (or Zemer) Atik at
the Machon L'madrichay Chutz La'aretz in Jerusalem late in 1959. We were
doing all the latest dances (e.g. Debka Uria -- Ha'abir) as well as all
the old dances. I also seem to recall doing Nigun Atik as a combined
circle-couple dance from the time I started doing it or not long
thereafter.  Circle-couple dances were not that uncommon for a period of
time (e.g., Bat Tzurim, Le'or Chiyuchech, Kalu Raglayim, Adama Adamati
just to name a few off the top of my head) and were danced that way from
the start, as far as I know. Since I am now in Israel, I can check further
into the origins of Nigun Atik.

Haim
Rikuday Dor Rishon
New York City