Re: Ten Most Important Living Figures in Jewish Music

Is Salim Halali still alive? He would be at the top of my list!

Let's see who else...
Henry Sapoznik (don't let it go to your head, Henry!) and Pete Sokolow.
Frank London. David Krakauer.
Chava Alberstein. Michael Alpert. Probably Uri Caine.
Likely Dudu Yasmin, Enrico Macias, Francoise Atlan, the Skeapings...

Zorn is interesting, too, but not consistent.

Just my $.02...

                                            Later,
                                            EK

visit my meshugeneh web site-
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/260/e_z_kaplan.html
(the music's the thing- if you don't want to give them your e-mail address,
give them a fake one.)