who is to say what is Klezmer?

--- George Robinson <GRComm (at) concentric(dot)net> wrote:
> I don't recall who is at Tonic for the klezmer
> brunch, but that is
> always a good bet. Hasidic New Wave is playing a
> very interesting gig on
> Saturday night at Makor at 9:30 p.m., a
> collaboration with a Senegalese
> drum group. I did a feature on it for Jewish Week
> and it sounds like a
> wild evening. However, it's not exactly klezmer.

****Ahh!  But who is to say what is Klezmer?  After
all, there's Blues, then there's Delta Blues, Chicago
Blues, etc...

Is Klezmer merely the "traditional" form or can other
styles be refered to as Klezmer.  What is Klezmer???

=====
KLEZSKA - part of the next wave in Jewish music   www.mmp3.com/klezska