Re: who is to say what is Klezmer?

Why do I feel like the old Bill Cosby line, "Why is there air?" (To
which Cos adds, "That's a stupid question. Any phys. ed. major knows
that. To blow up volleyballs.")

I think I probably have as eclectic and wide-ranging a definition of
klezmer as any music critic in America; I merely felt that someone
looking for mainstream (i.e., traditional) klezmer would be taken aback
by HSN. They're not exactly Kapelye, you know. And Yakar Rhythm, the
Senegalese drummers are probably playing klezmer, although they are
klezmorim in the literal sense.

Me, I listen to everything (except Barry Manilow as we've already
indicated this week).

George (large ears, mouth to match) Robinson