Re: tune source : Shtiler Shtiler from House of Mirth

Hi,
I work for the American Society for Jewish Music, which is housed at the Center
for Jewish History in New York.  I have heard of this piece not from the movie
soundtrack, but from a concert we recently produced.  At our Chanukah concert
in December 2000, we heard Pinchas Jassinowsky's "Shtiller Shtiller" sung by a
boy and a girl from the Ramaz High School choir.  The event was noteworthy in
that the piece was mined from the YIVO archives (also on-site at the CJH) by
Chana Mlotek and performed by these two high school students.  I have the sheet
music if you are interested.
Naomi Malka