  From: itzik gottesman
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:34 PM
  Subject: Re: tune source : Shtiler Shtiler from House of Mirth

  I have probably have missed something in the discussion on "Shtiler,
Shtiler". Are we talking about the Holocaust song "shtiler, shtiler  (lomir
shvaygn) words by Shmerke Katcherginski, music by Olek Volkoviski. That song
was used in "House of Mirth"? Isn't that novel about the 19th century? - Itzik
Gottesman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->