Re: Nature Boy

George,
Both your brother and I are glad that you brought up
the unforgettable Nat "King" Cole. I've been told by
reliable sources that a song he was successful with,
"Nature Boy," had its origins in Yiddish music. I wasn't
given additional details.  The notes on my copy credit
Eden Ahbez for the song. Can you (or anyone else)
provide more information?
Lee

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:25:55 -0400 George Robinson
<GRComm (at) concentric(dot)net> writes:
> With great embarrassment I stand (or fly) corrected.
> Is this what Nat Cole (not Jewish) meant when he sang, "Straighten
> up
> and fly right?"
>
> George (My brother is the world's largest Nat Cole fan) Robinson
>
> Warschauer (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 6/12/01 2:16:27 PM, GRComm (at) concentric(dot)net
> writes:
> >
> > << Nah, that would be Jewish Music re-goose. >>
> >
> > Ummm... not quite...
> >
> > (di) katshke=duck
> > (di) gandz=goose
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> --
> George Robinson
> Author, Essential Judaism
> Please visit my website, "Essential Judaism and Beyond"
> at www.GeorgeRobinson.freeservers.com
>
> ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->