Re: classical/klezmer piece

Dear Adrianne,

In a message dated 6/9/01 7:12:51 AM, AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com writes:

>I should know or remember this, but alas don?t:
>
>Does anyone know a flute piece, a concerto, that was possibly (but not
>at all
>
>sure) written by a composer Shoenfeld or a name similar to that that?s
>
>classical flute concerto with klezmer elements? (Carol Wincenc, I believe,
>

>has performed it.) I could contact her, I suppose, but this seemed too
>easy
>
>to ask all of you!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Adrianne

I don't know the specific piece in question, but the composer is an old
friend, Paul Schoenfeld. Paul used to live in the Twin Cities area, grew a
beard, found God and moved to Israel (probably not quite in that order, and I
'm being a little glib I'm afraid)--you would mistake him for a Rabbi in
appearance. He is also an extraordinary composer and virtuoso pianist, and
one of the most enjoyable people I know (his marvelous sense of humor comes
through very clearly in his music). You might try contacting the American Co
mposers Forum or the American Music Center. I would bet that they would know
how to contact him. Carol may have recorded the piece, so don't forget and
Amazon search too.

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett