Re: Israeli music (2 items)

>Classic Israeli rock, though, for that, listen to the Tammuz album. >First
>band to get the audience actually up and dancing. Light show, >even!

When did they play?  The Diaspora Yeshiva Band (70s, more or less--I'd have
to and can check; quintessential 60s product) certainly got folks very much
up and dancing.  Be interesting to hear Tammuz, though.

I'd also like to make mention of Tofa'ah, an Israeli Orthodox women's group
that plays (often original) Hebrew and English lyrics in various styles,
some of them sort of rocky.  (I believe they play, live, only for other
women.)

--Robert Cohen