Re: Thomas Friedman (NYT) & Israel

I don't mean to start a (clearly off-Jewish Music topic) thread on this, and
won't at all mind if there are no further postings on it, but as Lee
Friedman slipped a reference to Tom Friedman into his recent post, I feel
impelled to add that, imhonsho, Friedman did not in *any* way "suddenly"
awaken to the situation in Israel.  To assert so is, I suspect, to reveal,
or convey, that one hasn't been carefully reading and following Friedman's
articles (and, for that matter, TV and radio appearances) in re Israel over
the last several years or more--which reflect a consistent, steady,
grounded, and in my view, both ethical and perceptive understanding of
what's (tragically) going on.

--Robert Cohen