Boy are you a Yekke or what?

Let me explain it to you.  First of all, one need not
be from German or Austrian descent in order to be
defined as a yekke (as you clearly have illustrated
for all of us).  Secondly, I never even knew there was
an Alaskan language or dialect.  Perhaps you could do
your next doctoral thesis on this and get back to the
list with your findings.

Hi, Glenn--

Do not understand your (marvelously precise, one-word)
reply.  A
"yekke"--it's just a transliteration, I guess, and can
be spelled
several
ways; though the way you did makes it sound Alaskan or
something--is a
German Jew or one born of same, which sure isn't me.
Or, obviously,
one
with the characteristics usually ascribed to
some--which also sure
isn't
me!!

So nu (as I think German Jews *don't* say ...)?

--rlc

>From: glenn tamir <klezska (at) yahoo(dot)com>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
<jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>