Re: A Tree Grows in Cleveland

Dear Elliot,

Thanks for your Cleveland promo.  We appreciate it here.  Cleveland is a town
where many fine things are happening, culturally speaking, even though quite a
few people still perceive us in terms of where we were 30 years ago, which
really wasn't all that bad either, except for the burning river part.  I'm from
Philadelphia, PA, originally, but feel quite at home here.

To answer your question:  yes, our building had moved from an inner area to one
further out, only to find that the neighborhood continued to change over the
decades and could not keep many of the younger members, who continued their
eastward flight.  We finally sold the building to the city, where it is being
used for a community center, and are looking for a new one for our once again
growing congregation.  It is so exciting to see the children outnumbering the
adults at times.  Now all we need is some sort
of program to bring the teens in.

Thanks for "listening",
Lorele