Re: Warshawsky

  That, and amongst certain Chassid communities a birthdate was assigned to
the nearest holiday or festival. Thus, my grandfather when he came to this
country had 2 birthdates, the one given him closest to his birthday which
was Shimini Azeret(sp?) and the one he took: my Mother's birthdate. By some
religious communities birthdates were considered a very "goyish"/worldly
concept.
       TCG