Re: OFF (but i'm sure you'll read!): Sex w/ a jewish woman?

In a message dated 04/05/2001 7:23:47 PM !!!First Boot!!!, rlcm17 (at)
hotmail(dot)com
writes:

> Actually, from what I (humbly) understand, sex w/ an unmarried Jewish woman
> *not in nidah* is not, strictly speaking, prohibited. This is, loosely,
> what
> the Christian world called "fornication"--and I believe John Calvin was
> horrified to find that it wasn't forbidden in the Torah!

Oh, it certainly is NOT forbidden; however, considering that it is one of the
ways that a marriage is legally formalized (others include statement of
"harey at..."), one wouldn't want to be too hasty about it.  In simple terms,
you are not forbidden to do it--in fact, once you do, you're married, and
it's a mitzveh!  Anyone have a challenge to that?  (In case this is too
off-topic, let's say that the couple in question are MUSICIANS...;-)

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->