Re: where to find klezmer titles (was RE: Family Portrait)

Seth Rogovoy wrote

>might I humbly suggest "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to
>Jewish Roots and Soul,"
>which includes a discography of approximately 300 klezmer and
>closely-related-to-klezmer titles?

May I equally humbly suggest that this might not be such a good idea as the
book, excellent though it is, has a very pronounced American bias. The
whole of Europe (where, incidentally, the genre was born) is allotted the
single page 129. We poor European klezmer cousins have a few album titles
too.

Paul Holden
Reader of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"