where to find klezmer titles (was RE: Family Portrait)

> the same name. It's worth suggesting, I think, that people search
> for album names on the KlezmerShack, to avoid such duplication,
> before naming new CDs. If not the KlezmerShack, any place that
> lists hundreds of klezmer titles would do (not so humbly
> wondering if there is any such place other than the klezmer shack).

might I humbly suggest "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to
Jewish Roots and Soul,"
which includes a discography of approximately 300 klezmer and
closely-related-to-klezmer titles?

thanks,
Seth Rogovoy
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"

"Rogovoy's book is especially valuable to the fan because he focuses less on
the history of klezmer (which he does cover) and more on the musicians and
the available recordings that demonstrate the sheer breadth of klezmer's
style and form.? ? Publisher?s Weekly

?MAZEL TOV, YOU?RE A GENIUS!? --- accordionist Phoebe Legere, queen of
downtown avant-cabaret