Owen's Post

Dear Owen:

With all due respect, what's a little semanticism among friends?

As to the grammar, ask yourself: would you say
"It was KINDNESS of you to help me with those packages?"
(No parentheses allowed.)
or, "It was KIND of you to help....?"

I'm no trained linguist (although I am married to one) and, while I have
learned that the English language gives one a lot of room to move and still
be grammatically correct, some acceptable usage will always appear archaic
or hackneyed to me.

BTW -- Winston's rendering of the word in question (Yid: mentshlekhkayt)
was German.

I apologize for being picayune.

As it appears that it was my posting that has led to your decision to
unsubscribe, I think I should be the one to resign from the List, not you.

I'll see myself out.

Wolf