Re: recent spam from jewishmusic.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yakov (Koby)" <kchodosh (at) suffolk(dot)lib(dot)ny(dot)us>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: recent spam from jewishmusic.com

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:54:02 -0500, you wrote:

>3. One person has reported a rise in "jewish" spam to me. On query, I have
been unable to confirm other subscribers to the list who have noted a
similar rise, but my sample was small (< 10). It did include people who have
posted to the list, and some who have only lurked.

I get a bunch of that too... this is an address that I *only* use for my two
mailing lists... and my other mailing list I've been on for years, with no
spam whatsoever.

YAKOV.

I get my share of spam (though nothing when I used more popular ISPs), but
not much I'd call Jewish.  Antisemitism on the 'Net is much more annoying
(and more serious).  When I spot one of these messages coming from a
college, I forward it to the President or Dean of Students of the college.
I've had notes of thanks back, promising something would done about the
sender of the offending message.

Spam is a fact of life, like the smell of pot on city streets and Chinese
restaurant menus at your door.  At least you can kill file spammers or
report them to their ISPs, but the real mass spammers have ways to
circumvent the controls.  In the spirit of only fretting about things I can
control, I try to let it roll it off my back.