Whats in a nomen...

Yet again, I bring up my sainted Irish great grandfather: James Nathan
Bornstein. All his adoptive parents ever knew was that his first name was
James. -He was left on their doorstep. He looked like Conan O'Brien and sang
nigun like an angel.
   As Willie the Shake said: what's in a name?
   My sister had a good friend at YMHA, names Patty Smith. Seems her
grandfather got off the boat at Ellis Island and said that his name was
Tuvoshofsky or the like and the intake person said: Smith. I believe
Mr."Smith" was a shoiket..his customers had a great time with that!
    Love and Knishes,
      Trudi the G