Re: We have "Essen"

In a message dated 1/22/01 6:44:34 PM, Asissel (at) cs(dot)com writes:

<< Speaking of the Catskills, does anyone know who did the song "We're
Gonna Hitchhike up to the Catskills" which was featured in the film "The Rise
and Fall of the Borscht Belt?"

You're thinking of "We're Going to Hitchhike to the Catskills" sung by the
fabulous Pincus Sisters in "Catskill Honeymoon" (1950).

Henry Sapoznik
Founder/Director "KlezKamp: The Yiddish Folk Arts Program"
Author  "Klezmer! Jewish Music From Old World to Our World" (Schirmer Books)
Winner 2000 ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award for Excellence in Music Scholarship