Prague says hello from Toronto

Hi everybody,
I am a new list member and would like to introduce myself. I come from an
entirely assimilated survivor family, a true blank page in the
anything-Jewish- sense, and have spent the past decade figuring out my
identity, kind of. Part of that is learning Yiddish (totally against my
mom's better judgement), traditions, and musical repertoire which to many of
you may be an old shoe! Is there anybody out there who can relate to this?
from the Czech Republic even, maybe? Also, I sing at Yiddish concerts,
mostly in Toronto (Ashkenaz), and write songs that reflect my "new Jew"
(hm...?) observations and some of the plentitude of my Jewish identity
insecurities...Ari has been very kind to review my first CD "Deep Inside",
at

http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/davidow/2000_1112_listens.html#lenka.de
ep
Also, I have a website (sorry, not quite updated), www.lenkalichtenberg.com
with sound clips. I'd love to hear any feedback, or, just to connect with
you out there.
Lenka Lichtenberg,    lenkal (at) attcanada(dot)ca
246 Haddington Ave.
Toronto, Ontario,   M5M 2P9
416-256 2947