Re: Prague says hello from Toronto

At 11:22 AM 1/9/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I am a new list member and would like to introduce myself. I come from an
>entirely assimilated survivor family, a true blank page in the
>anything-Jewish- sense, and have spent the past decade figuring out my
>identity, kind of. Part of that is learning Yiddish (totally against my
>mom's better judgement), traditions, and musical repertoire which to many of
>you may be an old shoe! Is there anybody out there who can relate to this?

Welcome, Lenka. I think you'll find yourself with a lot of fellow travelors
here! Certainly, few of us grew up with Yiddish (and more than a few of us,
myself included, have learned pathetically little, if at least that little,
since).

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/