Warren Byrd and David Chevan play sacred music in synagogue in Summit New Jersey

Warren Byrd and David Chevan will be participating in an Erev  Shabbat
service this Friday, November 17, at Temple Sinai in Summit, New Jersey.
Chevan and Byrd, whose new CD, "Let Us Break Bread Together: Further
Explorations of the Afro-Semitic Experience" was released earlier this week,
will be interpreting Jewish and African-American sacred music from this CD
as well as their previous release, Avadim Hayinu.  Chevan and Byrd have been
working closely with Rabbi Stuart Gershon and Cantor Florence Merel of
Temple Sinai to weave the music into the service.  In addition to performing
during the service, Chevan and Byrd will give a recital in lieu of the
Rabbi's  sermon. The service begins at 8:00 p.m.  and Temple Sinai is
located at 208 Summit Avenue in Summit, New Jersey.  For further information
and directions to the synagogue please call the temple office at (908)
273-4921.

Chevan and Byrd's new CD, Let Us Break Bread Together: Further Explorations
of the Afro-Semitic Experience" is currently available from
http://www.amazon.com
or by sending a check made out to David Chevan at his P.O. box.  The CD is
$15 and postage and packaging is $1.50 for the first CD and free for all
other CDs included in the order.  Chevan and Byrd's first CD, "Avadim
Hayinu",  is also available for $15.
Please send your orders to
David Chevan
P.O. Box 6183
Whitneyville, CT 06517

Thank you and we hope to see some of you this erev Shabbat.
David

David Chevan, Bassologist
for more info visit my web site now located at
 www.chevan.addr.com

Please note that I have changed my e-mail address.
The new address is dchevan (at) snet(dot)net