Re: Nature Boy and Yiddish

Lori Cahan-Simon wrote:

> I came across this interesting reference.  "Nature Boy" has always been
> one of my favorite songs and it turns out there is a Yiddish
> connection.  I don't think I know the song mentioned below, though.
> Mavens?

It was "copied" from =Shvayg, Mayn Harts= by Herman Yablokoff,
often billed as "the Yiddish Pagliacci" (sp?)
and composer of the immortal "Papirossen".

His biography says he settled for 25 Gs -- pretty good in those days,
considering Sholem Secunda parted with "Bei Mir Bistu Shayn" for 50 bucks
--although he was given some monies years later,
after the song became a world =shlager= for the Andrews Sisters.

Wolf Krakowski