rumpel?

I found this reference on the Keidan, Lithuania  web page (the whole page is
interesting) about weddings in that area before the war.  Does anyone know
what a rumpel is?  Do you think it would have been a slow hora or something
else?
Helen

http://members.home.net/acassel/keidan/wedding.html
by Philip Greenblatt, 1940

?Sunday morning - A "rumpel." So what's a rumpel?
My granny, may she rest in peace, explained it to me once in these words:
"That's how you send the in-laws home: you make a rumpel."
That's clear, like pea soup, right? Never mind. They make a rumpel. The
musicians play, Benedict scratches on his bass, something half-sour,
half-joyous -- it's a rumpel and that's all. ?