-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Ari Davidow
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 3:14 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Shlogn Kapores

=If= there is a need to continue discussion of this piece on this
list, it will be in a manner acceptable to the list. This post does
not meet that criterion.

It would be most appreciated if people who feel a need to respond
would check their desire to belittle, or to respond in kind. Instead,
please respect the issue which this post has raised, even if raised
in a manner whose language and style try to prove the opposite.

ari

At 02:11 PM 9/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>It is crap as it is a work authored by a Jew intended to cruelly attack a
>time honored Jewish tradition, which includes acts of charity and reflects
>upon classical Jewish thought, and does so via symbolism taken from a
>different religion.  Also the poetry is peurile, lacking any sort of
>artistic quality.  In short this is nothing more significant than the
>prattlings of an immature and childlike intelect.  It does not belong on
>this list.

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/