New Cds at Hatiakhvah Music

A number of weeks ago there was a discussion on the list about a Cd I had not
heard,
"Shaatnez- Sephardic Songs of The Balkans" by Ruth Yaakov Ensemble. I finally
reveived  a shipment of this Cd, and, it was well worth the wait. The rhythms
are lean more to the "Mizrachi" sound. For more on this Cd, o to Ari's site
at:
http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/yaakov/shaatnez/yaakov.shaatnez.html

Aonther new Cd that we just discovered is "Mizrah - Music of the Jews of Arab
and Muslim Lands" by Za'atar, a "new" group from the San Francisco area.
Exellent performances with authentic instrumentation. For more details, visit
at:
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com/cgi-bin/browse.pl?action=search&search_for=za'ata

We also received a number of traditional Yemenite CDs, some have yet to be
posted to our web site, however you can view those that have at:
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com/sephardic1.html

Other New CDs
"Di Shikere Kapelye" by Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars
This is possibly London's best CD. Great recording!!!!!
http://www.hatikvahmusic.com/cgi-bin/browse.pl?action=search&search_for=klezme
r%20brass

Questions on these or other CDs?
Contact: Hatikavh Music