Boston - Performance/Discussion by Austrian Jewish Shepherd - Hans Breuer

TO ALL YIDDISHISTS AND YIDDISH FOLK-MUSIC LOVERS:
YOU ARE INVITED TO A PERFORMANCE/LECTURE by HANS BREUER -
THE LAST REMAINING JEWISH WANDERING SHEPHERD OF AUSTRIA -(also the first!)

To Be Held At: THE WORKMEN'S CIRCLE - ARBITER RING: 1762 BEACON ST./ BROOKLINE
On:             THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD
At:             7:30 PM

                ...THE EVENT IS FREE...

-Hans will present a slide-show/performance about his life as Austria's only
itinerant shepherd, to an accompaniment of Yiddish folksongs (his own and
traditional), from his extensive repertoire.

-He will also discuss what it means to be a Jew in Austria today, and talk
about the current state of anti-semitism.

-Hans is travelling throughout the eastern states and Canada during the month
of August.  He speaks fluent Yiddish and knows hundreds of Yiddish folksongs.
He would like to meet other Jews, and share stories and music.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions and shmooze after the
presentation.
                                        * * *
    I recently had the opportunity to travel with Hans, his family, and their
flock of 730 sheep during part of their 1000 kilometer trek to the summer
grazing area in the Alps.  We talked along the way about history, politics,
Judaism, music and culture.   Please join me for this evening of discussion
and song with this extraordinary and original thinker.

*Bring your thoughts and questions and any songs or stories you would like to
share!

FOR MORE INFORMATION - PLEASE CONTACT BEN PASAMANICK AT:
                            PHONE: (617)-629-3870
                            EMAIL:  tsulebn (at) aol(dot)com