Metropolitan Klezmer/Isle of Klezbos NEW CD "Mosaic Persuasion"

Hi to all!
I'm happy to announce the arrival of MOSAIC PERSUASION, Metropolitan
Klezmer's new release with special visits from the all-female Isle of
Klezbos.   Our official launch is in September.  Meantime, this jam-packed
follow-up to our debut disc, "Yiddish For Travelers," is at <www.cdbaby.com/me
tklez2> already, as well as in various New York-area stores; at Hear's Music
(800/501-DISC) as of next week; or directly through the band(s).  See our
website updates by the end of this week at <www.metropolitanklezmer.com> for
details.

MOSAIC PERSUASION features
*16 variegated tracks from wedding dance to Yiddish swing, tango & waltz,
striking terkishers, doyna & taxims, love song & labor hymn, a rousing
Hungarian Jewish classic and a retro/revamped Hanuka surprise, plus much more
- nearly an hour of eclectically-charged traditional and original music;
*a full-color illustrated booklet including band photos, fun graphics, full
Yiddish lyrics plus English translation & transliteration, and original
research insights;
*same fabulous musician lineup and fantastic instrumentation as on "Yiddish
For Travelers," our acclaimed premiere CD, [distributed worldwide by Stern's
Music], plus guests from the Isle of Klezbos!

METROPOLITAN KLEZMER's MUSICAL CREW on "Mosaic Persuasion":
Ismail Butera - accordion & bendir
Steve Elson - clarinet, bass clarinet & tenor sax
Pam Fleming (Metro/Isle of Klezbos) - trumpet & flugelhorn
Rachelle Garniez (Klezbos) - swing accordion & harmony vocals
Michael Hess - violin, viola, ney flute & kanun
Dave Hofstra - upright bass & tuba
Deborah Karpel (Metro/Klezbos) - vocals
Debra Kreisberg (Klezbos) - clarinet & alto sax
Eve Sicular (Metro/Klezbos) - drums & percussion
Harris Wulfson - violin

"[J]ust plain great, versatile ensemble playing... offering a broad sweep of
mostly pre-World War II klezmer and Yiddish music... they mix repertory
staples with lesser-known and overlooked tunes from Yiddish film soundtracks
and immigrant-era klezmer bands.  For the most part they deliver exuberant,
classic-style arrangements, but occasionally they tweak things.... great
spirit and wit."

-Seth Rogovoy, THE ESSENTIAL KLEZMER, on Metropolitan Klezmer's "Yiddish For
Travelers," among his Top 20 klezmer picks [Algonquin Books, 2000]

Thanks for supporting the arts,
Eve Sicular (drummer/bandleader) & Rhythm Media Records
151 First Avenue #145, NYC  10003-2965  USA
www.metropolitanklezmer.com
tel: 212/475-4544

P.S.  Our official release show will be on the cusp of fall, Thurs 9/21 @
Makor (35 W. 67th St NYC, tel: 212/601-1000), both bands, times t.b.a. at
<www.makor.org> & <www.metropolitanklezmer.com>   Have a great summer!