Re: Gypsies

I read, and I believe this was in Jan Yoors' book, that the wandering Gypsy
musicians of France and northeastern Europe (including the famous Reinhardt
family) are Manouche, who are of the Sinti people, distinct from Romany Gypsies
linguistically and culturally.  Perhaps one of the makhers on the list can set
me
straight on this (please).

Owen

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided oer my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy & Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake