From: "Carla da Silva" <cdas (at) planet(dot)nl>
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ruth Rubin's Obit
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 18:00:10 +0200
>From owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org Mon Jun 19 22:26:20 2000
Sender: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

I don't know how well known it is among Yiddish singers that there is a
wonderful documentary about Ruth Rubin. I was lucky to be able to copy it
from Judith Cohen when I was staying in Toronto this summer. I'm sure it
must be in the YIVO, but several well informed people I spoke to didn't know
about it. It's worth trying to find it.  It shows Ruth working with people,
collecting songs, performing, etc. In general:  it's her life story.

carla