Re: zither/tsimbl, radio show

Every instrument we choose, if properly played, is only an earthly excrescence
of
the big instrument that we all play.  On this Earthly plane, however, since Adam
and Eve ate the fruit of discrimination, and since Hashem wisely and graciously
confused our tongues at Babel, we are never quite sure what it is we are seeing
or
doing.  A woman asked me once, gesturing toward my chromatic accordion, "Is
that an
ocarina?"  I was sure she had meant to say "concertina," and I assured her that
it
was indeed an accordion.  But I have no doubt that she went away convinced that
she
had heard music played on the Ocarina, which, in some growing quarter of lore,
is
an instrument kind of like an accordion.

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided oer my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy & Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake