Re: Los Bilbilicos

Robert,

Was this your message last year?

"... (And BTW, such borrowing--the practice, after all, is ubiquitous in
folk and popular music generally--sometimes goes in the opposite direction:
Richard Farina used this same "Tzur Michelo" melody--if we want to call it
that--for "The Swallow Song" [unattributed, of course!].) ..."

I think that you are right about alerting us to Swallow song. Great
anecdote about Mimi Farina. My guess is that Richard heard it stateside,
though, cuz it was traveling through folk song circles earlier in the 1960s.

Best, Joel