Re: Ruth Rubin

>I came across the following title (I don't even know where) and wonder
>if it is an album that I do not already own.  In other words, is it
>identical to Ruth Rubin's Jewish Folk Songs (Folkways), Yiddish Folk
>Songs (Folkways), or Yiddish Love Songs (Washington).  I guess that a
>list of its contents (even partial) would answer the question.
>
>Rubin, Ruth: Sings Yiddish Folksongs  Prestige/International 13019(LP)

Bob,

It's different.  It's my *very* favorite Ruth Rubin album.  If you
have the opportunity to obtain a copy for yourself, go for it.

Song list:
   A. 1. Shvartse Karshelekh Raysn Mir
      2. Mayn Yingele (by Morris Rosenfeld)
      3. Yugnt Hymen (by Basya Rubin & S. Kacerginski)
      4. Zayt Mir Gezunt Khovertes Ale
      5. Hober Un Korn
      6. Bin Ikh Mir A Shnayderl
      7. In Toyzent Akht Hundert Nayn Un Nayntsigstn Yor
      8. Farvos Zol Zayn Mayn Khosn A Soldat
   B. 1. Betlers (by Mikhl Gelbart & Zaretsky)
      2. Hot Zikh Mir Di Shikh Tserisn
      3. Oy, A Nakht A Sheyne
      4. Vos Hostu Mir Opgeton
      5. Hey, Tsigelekh! (by Mordekhe Gebirtig)
      6. Ot Azoy Neyt A Shnayder
      7. Kayn Kotsk Fort Men Nisht
      8. Shlof Shlof, Shlof

Accompanists:
  Dick Weissman - Banjo, Guitar & Mando-Cello
  Hedy West - Flute & Piccolo

-- Bill B.