Re: Freilekhs or Bulgar?

re: dance tempos
Living in Calgary, we don't try to keep up to the latest trends in Israeli
dance.  But I have been told that in Israeli sessions in larger centres,
they like to speed the recorded music up from its intended tempo.  I don't
know why they are in such a hurry to finish each dance.

In Yiddish dance, I've been told by Judith Brin Ingber, that a major factor
affecting the tempo would have been the age of the dancers.  Slow it down
for the grandmother's dance, speed it up for the young folk.

Helen