RE: Bikel Recordings: The Horse's Mouth

In a message dated 4/12/0 4:36:48 AM, drosenberg (at) dht(dot)com writes:

<< I just sent my email to David Mclees at Rhino records and would
encourage everybody else who would think it valuable to have the
retrospective reissued do the same.

Dick Rosenberg

Dear Dick and anyone else interested in Bike.

Dave Mclees at Rhino Records is a friend. I have known him for approximately
6 years when I was asked to produce a compilation for the label. I have also
spoken with Theo Bike about this about a year and a half ago.  Dave McLees
and I got together over dinner (at rhino's invitation) about 8 months ago,
and we discussed the project in great length.  Dave is all for it, however,
Rhino has been acquired by Warner Communication (you know, the company that
controls everything you read, see or hear) and priorities at an independent
are very different than when you are relatively small and 'lean'.

David I a good guy, and he and I will be discussing this again. It's not out
of the picture, but as he told me yesterday, there are other priorities. He
is behind the project.
Simon
Hatikvah