From:   Marvin [SMTP:physchem (at) earthlink(dot)net]
Sent:   Sunday, April 02, 2000 3:49 PM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:        Robert Cohen to speak in Tarrytown, NY

Robert Cohen will speak at Temple Beth Abraham's annual Max Block Lecture
on Monday evening, April 10th, at 8 pm.  He is a member of the Jewish Music
maillist "family", and those of us who have met him only through the 'Net
have this chance to meet him in person.  His topic will be "One People,
Many Voices: Jewish Music Comes of Age."  He will include examples of new
Jewish music for Passover.

Robert Cohen has produced over 100 radio programs on Jewish Culture and
Identity, including National Public Radio's.  He has written about Jewish
music and American folk music for Moment Magazine, UTNE Leader, New York
Newsday and  The Jewish Exponent, and he has lectured or taught at the New
York Library, The New England Conservatory of Music, the New School for
Social Research, the Jewish Theological Seminary, the Cantors' Assembly and
the 92nd Street Y.

He is musical director of the forthcoming compilation CD, Open Thy
Gates/New American Music for Prayer, which will be released later this
year.

Admission is free, refreshments will be served, and everyone is welcome.
 Temple Beth Abraham is on Loh Avenue, off Broadway (Rte. 9) in Tarrytown,
NY.  For travel directions, send an e-mail to me or call the Temple office
at 631-1770.

Marvin Margoshes
physchem (at) earthlink(dot)net