Re: Robert Cohen to speak in Tarrytown, NY

----- Original Message -----
From: Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky <reyzl (at) flash(dot)net>
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 12:13 PM
Subject: FW: Robert Cohen to speak in Tarrytown, NY

> I have known Robert since the mid-70's.  So, Robert, when you writing your
> book?
>
> Might as well.
>
> I wish we had a radio program like your '70's one in NY.   I also think
you
> should reconsider doing another one on the 'net.
>

> Reyzl

The talk was similar to a radio program, with talk about the music
interspersed with segments of what he was discussing.  The big difference
was audience participation.  The audience was expecting more of a
conventional lecture, but once a few started two-way discussion others
chimed in.  The lecture was a mind-opener for those who hold the view that
there is one acceptable kind of Jewish music.  I hope our cantor will
introduce to our congregation in services some of the lovely melodies he
played.

I encourage others to invite Robert Cohen to their shuls, not to perform but
to educate.