Re: Achron

I think it must be Joseph Achron - Lithuanian born violin prodigy and
composer.  Born 1886 - emigrated to NY in his forties, died young in LA....
wrote much orchestral/chamber/choral music, with Hebraic influences.  His
brother, Isidor, was a pianist and also a composer, but, as a violinist, it
is Joseph that I have come across, and I believe that he is the more well
known of the brothers.
Hope this helps!
Sophie