RE: Lenny Bruce on Jewishness

And, to add to the story, Peter has started a bit of a Jewish rediscovery
these last few years. He appeared at the UAHC biennial in Dallas a few years
back, and then, luckily, I was able to arrange for Peter Yarrow and Debbie
Friedman to be the opening night headliners at the CAJE conference later the
following year (1998) in San Antonio. Since then, it seems he has been doing
more and more appearances in a Jewish context.

What about those of us who did grow up in NY and are Jewish, but don't live
there anymore?

Adrian

Adrian A. Durlester  -  durleste (at) home(dot)com
http://members.home.net/durleste/
Student, Vanderbilt University Divinity School
http://divinity.lib.vanderbilt.edu/vds/vds-home.htm
Music Director, Congregation Micah, Nashville, TN http://www.micahnash.org/
Home phone (615) 646-9788 Nextel cel-phone (615) 207-2661
You can page me from http://www.nextel.com
List-Owner for hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Co-Owner for L-Torah (at)
shamash(dot)org
http://uahc.org/hanashir
Editor, Bim Bam (for Torah Aura Productions) http://www.torahaura.com/
Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  adriand (at) aol(dot)com