Re: Fwd: A new klezmermusical in Berlin

   About black minstrels...Wolf...I would refer you to any book, etc. about
Bert Williams Or Bill Robinson, JR...who performed in minstrel as well as
other work.
Blacks performed that way because it was the accepted "norm" for any
performer doing minstrel.  It was however racist, as any black performer of
Williams' or Robinson's caliber knew. It was not meant "nice."
   Has anyone seen or heard this purported klezmir musical. I seem to
remember that Christian had not been able to.

    Trudi the G