Re: a woman's voice

In discussing this issue with my husband, he made what I consider a most
interesting point.  He points out that when the Catholic Church defended
its anti-semitic policies as being a part of its religious dogma and taught
by their church for centuries as part of their religion, Jews decried the
use of religion and tradition to cloak and justify discrimination,
demanding that religious dogma be changed so that the Catholic Church now
officially has disavowed and changed Church policy supporting the teaching
that Jews were the killers of Christ.  Religions evolve, no matter how
reactionary forces may like to argue that they do not.  Why should Jews be
permitted to hide behind the assertion that discrimination against women is
required by their religion when Jews demand that Catholics may not hide
behind the explanation that their religion requires discrimination against
Jews?

Shira