a woman's voice

Two comments from today's digest:

> I know that it seems like having a concert for women only would be buckling
> to the establishment; but in doing so it's like punishing who is called
> "repressed" .....

I never said I wouldn't do women's concerts. Of course I do women's
concerts and not only for Jewish women, and not only of Jewish music and
not only for adult women. I said I wouldn't do a women only concert in a
context which indicated my tacit approval of Kol Ishah, i.e. INSTEAD of
a concert for whoever wanted to attend. For example,when a SCHEDULED and
APPROVED concert for a Sephardic synagogue was cancelled at the last
moment last year because ONE MAN on the Board who'd been away at the
meeting where it was approved came back and vetoed it , and they said ,
"oh, why don't you do a nice concert for the women instead, dear?", I
said NO.

Your
> opinion is only valid if those with whom you are dealing agree that they can
> throw out or disregard 2000 years of sanctity of the Oral Law.

You mean there are no differences among throwing it out, accepting it
totally and blindly, and DISCUSSING it like reasonable human beings?
After all, rabbis , including Orthodox rabbis, disagree with each other
- they can't ALL be right. They're just people, not divinities, no
matter how wise or learned they may be.

Otherwise, I simply second Lorele's eloquent post.Judith