Re: "authentic" American music

Interesting thoughts, but some important misplaced details. The Marlboro
music was adapted from the 1960 film The Magnificent Seven and written by
Elmer Bernstein. I've often heard people confuse the composer with Leonard
Bernstein, who of course is still not Aaron Copland!  But I wonder if we
don't have the following transformation at play: Elmer Bernstein=Leonard
Bernstein (Jewish, gay/bi, New York, marginal?)=Aaron Copland (Jewish, gay,
New York, marginal?) Or some such!!!

Go figure,

Joel

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->