Re: more on misirlou

In a message dated 1/11/0 9:44:22 AM, itzik (at) mail(dot)utexas(dot)edu writes:

<< I haven't followed the entire discussion on the misirlou, but has anyone
mentioned that there are Yiddish lyrics for it as well? - Itzik

Yiddish version was a "hit" for Seymour Rechtziet.
We carry  a wonderful CD by Yakob Sandler called "Yiddish Tanz Music' that
features Misirlou in Yiddish...as well as other songs translated into Yiddish
for "you dancing pleasure' such as "Ramona,' "Anniversary Song," the Italian
song "Il Mondo" (big hit by Englebert Humperdink) is translated as "Mein
Mame".
Great CD if you are looking for Tangos!
Simon
Hatikvah Music