Re: demand for "authentic" ethnic

Velaires...

Thank you for saying it out loud. It's for me more about the expression of
my love and committment to Jewish cultures...of which there are so many,
than whether I am correct enough. I try, HaShem knows. And I have pissed
people off on this list before with my Deitmarisch. What is there to say
about that???Nothing any more.
I just find that the more I perform Jewish Music, the more people ask me
about it, it's a great spiralling thing. The  more I act in Yiddish and
Jewish work... the more people ask me about it. It is a great rebirth,
except that it never left, the work has continued on despite everything!!!
I love books and the written word, so I love scholarliness. By the same
token, real living is part of the arrangement of life, so...I would hope
that the 2 would  overlap.
  Someone on the list awhile back suggested that it is part of the Jewish
Nature to categorize and name.  I'd say that it's part of the Human Nature
as well! So put whatever title you want on it, make happiness abound as
Shakespeare wold say...I just like hearing Fayvush Finkel sing "I am a
Boarder by My Wife."(My guess is Willie would too!!!)
  A Gut Shabbos and Zei Gezundt!!!
  Trudi the G