RE: Interview with Josh Waletzky

No, he ran out of time.  Only God knows why Josh wants us to pay for the
whole recording before approaching any recording company.   Anyway, Jeff
and Deborah did a lot of travelling last spring and summer and didn't have
time to work or record.  We were very busy with our daughter's bat-mitsva
all fall.   However, the recording is supposed to be completed by the
second week in January.  Then comes mixing and editing.

Josh is a perfectionist and he will never put anything out until it is just
right from his perspective.  (Remember the last time, he put out a record,
it was nominated for a Grammy - the only Jewish record besides Perlman's
"Tradition" to be ever be nominated for a Grammy.  That's why the guy has a
total of 11 works that were either nominated or won Oscars, Emmys, Grand
Prize Rose d'Or [Europe's TV Emmy] and Grammys.)    It's hard to believe
but recording started two years ago.  No one would have imagined that it
would take so long.   Josh also wrote a new Yiddish song last year upon
hearing the news of a peace deal in Ireland.   The musicians had to learn
this yet.

The radio program was taped on either October 24 or 25, 1999.

Reyzl