Re: Jews, Gypsies and Cliches

Hi Paul,

You're right about most Sinti and Roma Gypsies being sedentary in
Slovakia, Hungary and Romania, though Kalarash Gypsies in Romania still
do wander. They are considered low class by Sinti-Roma. You can identify
the Kalarash women easily by their typical long dresses of bright yellow
with red ornamentation. Their style of begging is very aggressive. Josh

PS. thanks for the generous posting of sources! I've encouraged
Francesca to get onto the list, so I hope she will do this. In any case
I've given her your email and will give you hers privately. I forwarded
your post.